If you are looking for a quick and easy veggie meal this summer then we have the answer! We love the combination of the portobello mushroom with our Smokey Beans and the beetroot mix gives it a nice sweetness. If the weather is nice (we won’t hold our breaths) throw the mushroom on the BBQ to cook. Barbecued anything goes so well with the smokey beans – if you’re a meat eater you can do this same recipe and add a burger to the mix or replace the mushroom with one … delish!
1 Portobello Mushroom
Pot of Smokey Cool Beans
- Chop 2 Beetroots into 1cm cubed pieces, add 300g Greek yogurt with 100g of the walnuts and mix.
- Heat pan to a mid to high heat, add olive oil to pan.
- Place portobello mushroom face up for 2 minutes and flip for a further 3 minutes (Add salt and pepper).
- Place Cool Beans in microwave.
- Chop scallions into 1cm long stripes.
- And assemble!
Enjoy this simple recipe, the smokey beans marries well with the charred mushroom and the creamy beetroot! Enjoy!