Quick, Simple but delicious. These sweet potato fritters only take minutes to prepare and then just need to be quickly fried and put in the oven for 10 minutes. Ideal comfort food for cold rainy days!
Ingredients: 2 sweet potatoes
1 Spring Onion, chopped
1 Tbsp Cornflour
1/4 cup of Water
10 ml soy sauce
1 tsp salt
Olive oil for frying
Smokey Cool beans
1.Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Prick sweet potato in several places with a fork. Microwave on High until just cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. (Alternatively, place in a baking dish and bake at 425F until tender all the way to the center, about 1 hour.) Set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened.
4. Whisk cornmeal, flour, baking powder in medium bowl. Peel the sweet potato and mash in a large bowl with a fork. Stir in the reserved onion-spinach mixture, soy sauce and water. Add the cornmeal mixture and stir until just combined.
5. Form the sweet potato mixture into eight 3-inch oval fritters, using a generous ¼ cup for each. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
6. Cook 4 fritters until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining fritters and oil. Bake the fritters until puffed and firm to the touch, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve the fritters with the reserved bean mixture and lime wedges, if desired.
7. Heat up your smokey cool beans and serve on top. ENJOY!